Monday 29 November 2010

Researching the Market

Kerrang!

Kerrang! is a rock music magazine; the style of this magazine is mainstream adult orientated rock. I chose this magazine because I thought it would be a big influence on my magazine. The reason for this is that I love the way Kerrang! Is set out. I like the fact that the masthead is hidden behind the main picture yet you can still read it. I also like the effect that the produces of this magazine give away free gifts. This is something I would like to add into my own magazine, as I think this would increase sales.

Kerrang! First commence publication on June 7th 1981, and at this time was edited by Geoff Barton. AC/DC appeared on Kerrang!’s first front cover.The Kerrang! Magazine was originally owned by United Newspapers who then sold it onto EMAP in 1991.

Font size and colour: The font used in the Kerrang! Magazine inflicts power onto the reader. It does this through the colours used, for example the white font. The white font with the black outlines allows the words ‘enter Shakari’ to really stand out and therefore the first thing the viewer would see would be them words. This would really engage the reader and could be a good sales tool. I also like the fact that it is a rock magazine so they use colours like blacks, reds, etc. these colours will go well in my magazine as they a bold dark colours and as my magazine is to do with clubbing it is dark in clubs.


The Brand name ‘Kerrang!’ also use there own website which is called http://www.kerrang.com, not only this they also have there own television show called Kerrang! TV and a radio station Kerrang radio 105.2.

Price: £2.20, it is a reasonable price for a weekly magazine. However mine is a monthly magazine so mine will be more around the £4 mark.


No comments:

Post a Comment